REST
IN PEACE, MY BABY
For
my late cat Mr. Funny who passed away last weekend, and my late dog Candy who
left the Eerth in 2016.
Written
by Judy Fay London
The house,
Oh, the house is too quiet now.
I close my eyes,
Hoping your sudden death was just a nightmare.
I open my eyes,
Your favorite spot is still bare.
You’re nowhere to be found.
Why?
Ten months,
Ten months was all we had, Mr. Funny,
You left the world too soon,
Too sudden, and too quick.
You were too young to die!
How could this happen?
Why?
I miss your tender kisses most,
Your cheek pressed close to mine.
Those loving, gentle face touches
Were sweet and so divine.
I will never forget all those moments.
Never.
I buried all your snacks and toys
Deep down inside the clay.
So you would have your favorite things
To guide you on your way.
My daughter is waiting there,
My little dachshund Candy.
That small, brave German pup of mine
Will watch you from her side.
I hope,
I hope you curl against her paws,
Protected, safe, and warm.
The dachshund Candy and her baby brother,
Together through the storm.
Please watch over each other there,
Until my time is through.
Wait for me,
My fur babies.

Comments
Post a Comment