Campus Ghost Stories: Story One—The Haunted Building

 Grab this book here: Campus Ghost Stories: Story One—

The Haunted Building


Campus Ghost Stories

  

Story One

  

The Haunted Building

 

 

Written by Judy Fay London

 

Introduction:

 

Damn, it’s cold.

The rain is still crying in the air,

fiercely striking at my long hair.

The wind is still wailing around,

screaming into my numb ears.

I look into the dark sky, fear

surging through every cell of my body.

I look down, seeing a young woman

lying on the muddy ground—

her long hair is… oh no…

 

 

 

They say this is a haunted building. They say at least one student dies here each and every year. They say you can see ghosts in this building—an old, abandoned building in the woods between the two campuses of my college.

But I don’t believe in ghosts. And I like coming here to read books. My dog, Candy, loves being here too. Yeah, I bring her with me because I enjoy her company.

We’ve been doing this for almost a year and have met many students. Some of them have become our friends, but others are afraid of this building.

“It’s a creepy building,” a girl once said when she came here with her two friends.

Creepy how? I do not know. It’s just an old, broken-down building. Yes, it’s cold, even during the summertime. It’s a bit dark, but that’s natural. There’s no electricity, so it’s naturally dark. Besides, who would come here at night, right?

I remember that day quite well. Right after the girl said those words, a piece of the wall suddenly fell to the ground, landing just in front of her feet as if the building was angry at her judgement. The girl screamed and ran away.

Candy and I sat in front of the building and watched them vanish into the woods. Yeah, she never came back, nor did her friends.

Then, the other day, we met our good friends, Mary Bright and her boyfriend, Phil Cook.

“Such a lovely dog!” Mary said once she saw Candy. Her voice was full of excitement, as if she had known Candy for quite a long time.


 Grab this book here: Campus Ghost Stories: Story One—

The Haunted Building




Comments