Candy’s World: A Dog’s View (A Poem Series)

Grab this book here: Candy’s World: A Dog’s View (A Poem Series)


Candy’s World

 

A Dogs’ View  

(A Poem Series) 

 

Written by Judy Fay London

 

The world has been changing—

backward, forward, backward.

Candy the Dog is pondering.

 

 

 

Thought One             They Ban Books

 

 

(1)

I’m a dog.

Yes, I’m a dog,

but I have my own thoughts,

and I have some simple questions:

 

Why are there different gods and demons?

Why can’t I read the books I want to read?

To what end?

To be obedient?

To be “enslaved”?

 

Give me a break, I’m just a dog.

 

 

(2)

 

Sometimes,

I feel I’m not really free at all.

I feel our masters are just like

those people at the top—

they don’t want us dogs

to think independently,

or to ask real questions.

 

For example, when they tell us

that some other families

are evil without offering solid evidence—

they don’t want us to question

their conclusions.

 

They don’t want us to ask why.


Grab this book here: Candy’s World: A Dog’s View (A Poem Series)

 


Comments