THE FU...ING BALLROOM (a poem)

 

THE FU...ING BALLROOM

 

Written by Judy Fay London

 

 

Am I alive?

My eyelids weigh a hundred pounds.

I force them to open, yet

for minutes, they refuse to see the world.

But I fight.

I fight until the dark takes shape:

a hidden space beneath the floor.

Silence weights the heavy air. Yet,

I feel I can still hear them, dancing and laughing

up in the grand ballroom.

The fu...king ballroom!

 

What happened to me?

The memory is fractured.

A man’s shadow, many heavy blows, and then…

No, I don’t want to remember. I just

wish I had never been born ordinary.

Born to be hunted like an animal

by the monsters dancing

in that fu...ing ballroom.

 

Will I die?

I don’t know, and I don’t care. I’m not

even grown, but I want it to end.

I want to leave this dark world,

this ugly place, this fu…ing ballroom!

And f…k the blind, ordinary crowd below

who serve the evil souls dancing above

my head in that fu…ing ballroom.



Comments